Starting http pipelining immediately
Trivikram Bollempalli via curl-library
2018-12-06 01:21:03 UTC

I am trying to use HTTP pipelining feature. Currently, libcurl starts
pipelining only after the first reply is received. Is there a way to change
this behavior and do the pipelining immediately without waiting for the
first reply? In my case, I know for sure that the server I am using
supports pipelining.

Thanks,
Trivikram
Daniel Stenberg via curl-library
2018-12-06 16:38:27 UTC
Post by Trivikram Bollempalli via curl-library
I am trying to use HTTP pipelining feature. Currently, libcurl starts
pipelining only after the first reply is received. Is there a way to change
this behavior and do the pipelining immediately without waiting for the
first reply? In my case, I know for sure that the server I am using supports
pipelining.
I need to pause to right there and put your attention to the fact that libcurl
is deprecating its pipelining support: https://curl.haxx.se/dev/deprecate.html

It is already disabled in code and won't be enabled unless you modify source
code and rebuild. The code will be ripped out completely this coming spring
unless something drastic happens.

Therefore, any features or changes suggested or asked for that concern
pipelining most likely won't be acted upon.
--
/ daniel.haxx.se
Etiquette: http
Trivikram Bollempalli via curl-library
2018-12-06 16:58:04 UTC
Thanks for the information. However, we are using AWS s3 and as far as
I know, it still doesn't support http2.
So, we are dependent on the http pipelining support for now. I am wondering
if there is an existing way to solve my problem,
without the need to modify or add new changes.

Thanks,
Trivikram
/ daniel.haxx.se
Daniel Stenberg via curl-library
2018-12-06 21:51:22 UTC
Post by Trivikram Bollempalli via curl-library
Thanks for the information. However, we are using AWS s3 and as far as
I know, it still doesn't support http2.
As explained, our decision to deprecate HTTP pipelning is completely
independent of whatever AWS s3 does or does not support.
Post by Trivikram Bollempalli via curl-library
I am wondering if there is an existing way to solve my problem, without the
need to modify or add new changes.
No there isn't. libcurl doesn't allow pipelining with a host until it knows
for sure that the server supports it, which requires its response headers to
come back first.
--
/ daniel.haxx.se
Etiq